Re: Topband: Which compromise receiving antenna

To: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>, topband reflector <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Which compromise receiving antenna
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 08:06:03 -0800
A DHDL will fit in a lot less length and work better IMO than either Beverage choice.  You can put relays in small boxes at the feed transformer and termination to flip the directivity with two feedlines.

If you have the width then a 4sq receive will beat any other choice in 215 ft.  But, any receive choice is better than none. DXengineering has a variety of preamps.

Grant KZ1W