Topband: Poor conditions in 2018??

To: 160 reflector <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Poor conditions in 2018??
From: Tom Boucher <tomg3olb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 14:04:11 +0000
I have to disagree with Steve VK6VZ and Dave W0FLS about conditions so far
this season on topband. Although talking about different paths and times,
regular daily long path skeds between myself with several other G's and
ZL3IX, have been remarkably successful and I have logged 23 completed QSOs
since 21st September this year. That's not quite a complete Q per day, but
taking into account the days one of us didn't show up, it's not far short!

Also, the RBNs have indicated good propagation to USA/Canada most days at
UK sunrise. West coast stations have been conspicuous by their absence
though, with the exception of a couple of big signals from AZ and AB. US
activity is not particularly good at our sunrise, probably explained by
most folks needing 8 hours sleep!

73,
Tom G3OLB