Re: Topband: K9AY loop -- adding additional radials?

To: radioconnection@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY loop -- adding additional radials?
From: Joel Gray <joelgray77@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 16:51:18 -0600
Pete,   I added 4 radials and a 4' ground rod like you did.  I am not sure
if adding more will help, but I am pretty sure it could not hurt, so it
might be an easy test.  Another thing I did which seemed to help was to cut
the trace as described in the documentation to isolate the feedline shield
from the ground of the antenna.  I also put a feedline choke on the coax
near the antenna to try and make sure the feedline was not picking up
signals and disrupting the pattern.  My choke was 6 turns through 5 stacked
#31 cores.  I am quite happy with the performance of it.  Good luck!