Re: Topband: Vertical and horizontal polarized antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Vertical and horizontal polarized antennas
From: "Clive GM3POI" <clive@gm3poi.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 11:55:57 -0000
My take on this is that having had a low inverted vee at about 80ft and a
top loaded vertical over a very good ground system to compare against each
other. I have found the following that despite the vertical being short 60ft
with the exception of stations within 200miles the vertical is always
better. However the vertical is about 87% efficient with a serious amount of
long radials.
YMMV  73 Clive GM3POI