Topband: Tennis Ball launcher part list with links

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Tennis Ball launcher part list with links
From: kliegle@myfairpoint.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 08:23:12 -0500

&nbsp;
Since I'm getting overwhelmed with emails, I will post here, but the links
obviously will have to be copied and pasted, nor will the pictures be available:

There are plans out on the web, but I improved on them and came up with what
you see here.
The 1" NPT sprinkler valve is located at Lowes/Home Depot, as are some of the
3" storage tank parts and a short
stick of 1" sched 40 PVC.

Here's where I located (after lots of research on pricing years ago). You can
spend more money from one site (spud tech) for similar stuff or get boxes and
packages from all over!

The firing push button: (1)
https://www.spudtech.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&amp;cPath=8&amp;products_id=91

1" Street Elbows: (2)
https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/410-005-1-2-schedule-40-pvc-90-street-ell.html&nbsp;(Male
 threads allow disassembly for repairs, as long as the space between barrel and
storage tank allows the sprinkler valve (or the 1" pressure gauge and schrader
valve) not to interfere with each other.)

1" Close Nipple: (1)
https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&amp;q=1%22+close+nipple&nbsp;
 (Black Iron is stronger and cheaper, goes between the sprinkler valve and 2.5"
barrel)

3" Coupling (1)
https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/429-030-3-schedule-40-pvc-coupling.html&nbsp;(Bushing
 below fits inside coupling)

3" to 1" threaded bushing: (1)
https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/3-x-1-sch-40-pvc-reducer-bushing-flush-style-spig-x-fipt-438-335.html&nbsp;(Slides
 in coupling to reduce storage tank to 1" and accept the 1" Street Elbow)

3" end cap: (1)
https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/447-030-3-schedule-40-pvc-cap.html

2.5" Sched 40 PVC Pipe: (1)
https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/pipe/schedule-40-pvc-pipe.html?size_in_inches=31&nbsp;(Can
 cut in half and make 2 guns or one with a long barrel. If long barrel, then
make a long storage tank. It's a P1V1=P2V2 thing from your physics class days!)

2.5" Coupling (1)
https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/2-1-2-sch-40-pvc-coupling-socket-429-025.html&nbsp;
 (Bushing below fits inside this)

2.5" to 1" threaded bushing: (1)
https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/2-1-2-x-1-sch-40-pvc-reducer-bushing-flush-style-spig-x-fipt-438-289.html&nbsp;(1"
 close nipple from output of sprinkler valve attaches here)

0 to 100 PSI 1" or similar pressure gauge (1/8" NPT): (1)
https://www.mcmaster.com/pressure-gauges

Schrader Valve with 1/8" NPT: (1)
https://www.mcmaster.com/schrader-valves

One MUST BE WELL-VERSED in PROPER use of PVC solvents, glue, and procedures to
build a safe launcher.
Also in proper use of drilling and tapping 1/8" NPT threads, PVC drills and
taps with ease, so don't go deep with the tap. OTW the hole will be too big and
schader valve or pressure gauge will bottom out before sealing the threads!

73 Kriss KA1GJU

&nbsp;