Re: Topband: K9AY Box, 6 pin din Pin-out

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY Box, 6 pin din Pin-out
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 20:25:40 -0500

I'm assuming the center pin is the 6 pin and the 1-5 either go counter or clockwise.
The center pin is pin 6 however, the other five are not numbered
sequentially due to backward compatibility with numbering for the
*three pin* DIN. From Wikipedia:

The 3/180° and 5/180° connectors were originally standardized and
widely used in European countries for interconnecting analog audio
equipment. For example, a stereo tape recorder could connect to a
stereo amplifier using the five pins for the four signal connections
plus ground. The connectors on the cord are connected pin for pin,
(pin 1 to pin 1, etc.). Pins on male connectors are numbered (from
right to left, viewed from outside of the connector, with the 5 pins
upwards, and facing them): 1–4–2–5–3. Holes on female connectors are
also numbered 1-4-2-5-3, but from left to right (facing the holes).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV