Re: Topband: Unofficial archive of the works from the early pioneers of

To: <n4is@n4is.com>, "'K4SAV'" <RadioXX@charter.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Unofficial archive of the works from the early pioneers of Amateur Radio's digital communications era
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 11:26:14 -0500
JC,

Thanks for this "very cool" info.
Actually, the technique has even older origins: it has been used in coherent radars as a jamming countermeasure since the 60-s. Today, CCW could be implemented in an SDR transceiver in software. It would make CW work as good, or better, than FT8 on 160 m. CCW could be used by DXpeditions. It would improve QSO rates because it would be able to resolve the pile-up much better (in 10 Hz steps). It would also allow the smaller stations a better shot at the DX (just like FT8 does). I guess CCW did not take off because it required new hardware. But today software could do all that.

73,
George
AA7JV/C6AGU

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 19:35:03 -0500