Re: Topband: QRG on 160 in North and South America

To: Petr Ourednik <indians@xsmail.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QRG on 160 in North and South America
From: vk3io <vk3io@iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 19:57:44 +1100
Hello Top Band enthusiast.

With regards to this forbidden dx frequency list and other beacon list, they seem to be very outdated, as there has NOT been any Digi signal on 1818,0 in ZL or sometimes referred to as a GPS correction signal on 1818.0 in ZL for many years.

We do have, in the Pacific and Southern Ocean the odd fishing beacon, which each year seem to on different frequencies and so references to a list from previous years, I think  is never accurate or useful.

As far as I can hear, we have NO bad frequencies down here, except for FT8 around 1840.0 + or -.

Our biggest problem is QRN from tropical areas in VK and Pacific/Indian Ocean and other lightning storms and this summer I think it has been much worse than previous years.

Based on this weeks weather forecast, I don't think we will have much fun in VK land in this years Top Band contest.

Cheers, from Ron vk3io.