Re: Topband: Found my K9AY by WX0B AX-AYl-4 unit

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Found my K9AY by WX0B AX-AYl-4 unit
From: "Lloyd - N9LB" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 08:47:14 -0600
K9AY is a local here in southern Wisconsin.

I put up a K9AY and was disappointed in the lack of directionality at my
QTH.  I spoke to Gary about it at the local Madison DX Club meeting, and he
told me that because I had very poor soil conductivity at my QTH, I should
put ground radials under the K9AY antenna to supplement the single ground
rod.  Length of the supplemental radials to be at least as wide as the loops
and at maximum no longer than double the width of the loops.  Radial
placement should be in the ground directly below the loops.

73

Lloyd - N9LB