Re: Topband: FT-8

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT-8
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 07:36:02 -0500
So....

I get up at 3 in the morning and go down to the CW part of the band to see
if I can hear any of you guys calling CQ.  NADA ... from what I can tell,
the band is dead.  Not one signal.

I go up to the FT8 section, and it looks like 20M.  It is packed with
signals.  This happens all the time.

For all of you wining about how you don't like FT8, how many of actually
called CQ in the last week?  Month?  Let's be honest now.  :)

I know many who have been working Japan from the east coast on FT8 over the
past few weeks as well.

"If you build it, they will come"

The point is, that no one makes you want to work a mode you don't want to.
However, I don't see many CW signals on 160 unless there is a 160 CW
contest.    The waterfall is a solid blue (and I can hear pretty well).

my 2 cents from the Great White North.

Mike va3mw