Re: Topband: VK6-Stateside LP today

To: vk6gx@yahoo.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: VK6-Stateside LP today
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 16:27:38 +0000
Phil was great copy here and I heard the K1CP QSO very well around 2150 UT with signals peaking loud at 559 or maybe even better on peaks.  N1UR was also calling but an EA1 station was calling VK6GX incessantly and covered up VK6GX. Then we had a "tuner" from Europe somewhere who put a carrier directly on Phil's frequency, making copy impossible. Both N1UR and I quit calling. Eventually the carrier stopped and the EA1 lost interest. I QSYed 150 Hz off frequency and called and was surprised to hear my call come back, as the signals were fading fast. I think I squeaked in just under the wire! The log entry shows 2206 UT. My sunset was about 2200 UT. What a fantastic contact. My 2nd LP QSO this season with VK6.  I used my Europe beverage aimed at 45 degrees. It consists of two 1100 ft wires spaced  about 400 ft apart and phased together with an NCC-1 phasing box.  Now, if I could just manage to get out of bed for sunrise here. I keep oversleeping!

73

Dave K1WHS