Re: Topband: Lack of Activity

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Lack of Activity
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 15:59:24 -0600
There's activity and then there's "activity."  I take it that
"activity" in this discussion really means DX.   It so happens that
there's other kinds of operating going on on 160 m. besides DX chasing
if you can tolerate the tedium and torture of an enjoyable ragchew
with an ordinary ham nearby.

As for DX, I imagine that all hams are going SK at the same rate
everywhere, meaning that an entity with a ham population of 50 in
1980, now has a ham population of 5, with maybe one active on 160.

73
Rob
K5UJ