Topband: RX and TX remote direction switch

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RX and TX remote direction switch
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 10:17:16 -0700
Last week I uploaded a video showing how the various RX antennas and TX array
are direction switched at my remote station.  Link below.

The system I use combines the PST rotator program together with various 8 relay
boards to provide a PC based rotator point-and-shoot interface.
This is used to replace a traditional manual rotary or push button direction
switch.  Although a system something like this is required to control antennas
at a remote QTH, it can be useful at a base station as well to have the
direction interface on the PC.  It can also be configured to follow the logging
program to point the TX array and-or RX antennas to the direction of the
current station in the log window.

Over the last year or so I have received a few e-mails asking about how the
system is set-up, and there are a few “tricky” steps to set-up the program to
talk to the relay board, so I thought a video was the easiest way to explain it
to anyone interested in trying it out.  Be aware it is a somewhat long video.

https://youtu.be/uO5J5wlviPM <https://youtu.be/uO5J5wlviPM>

73, de steve ve6wz.