Re: Topband: Frequency Dependant Remote antenna switching

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Frequency Dependant Remote antenna switching
From: "Larry (K8UT)" <K8UT@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 10:25:18 +0000
For those interested in a Do-It-Yourself project that supports Band-Drive or Frequency-Driven antenna control, the freeware program FreqEZ runs as a Windows Console that connects via ethernet or WiFi to a Raspberry Pi Controller and antenna selector.

In Frequency-Driven mode, you define up-to 50 frequency segments that control any combination of 16 output relays. For example, if you use four narrow-bandwidth verticals to cover the entirety of the 75/80 meter band, you would configure FreqEZ to engage the preferred relay(s) in each of four frequency ranges. All configuration and definitions are done in software - no switches/jumpers/diodes/solder bridges. Communication is done with UDP and TCP packets - no messy serial ports.

You can read more about FreqEZ here:
http://hamprojects.info/freqez/

Or watch a short video here:
http://hamprojects.info/wp-content/HamProjects/FreqEZ/FreqEZ%20Overview_Video.mp4?_t=1540736190