Topband: Remote PC station control

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Remote PC station control
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:37:56 -0700
After uploading my YouTube videos about remote RX switching and frequency
dependant TX switching last week, I have received some emails asking about how
the remote station is controlled.

I made a YouTube video that shows what the VE6WZ remote operation looks like
from the operating position, both at home and when travelling using the laptop
or portable device.  In the video I talk about the pros-and-cons of controlling
the remote with a PC resident at the remote vs using IP ethernet controllable
devices over the WAN.  I hope this video might answer some of those questions.

This may be of interest to someone thinking of building a remote station, or it
might provide some ideas for those that already have a remote set-up.

https://youtu.be/hpV1E11S6Yw <https://youtu.be/hpV1E11S6Yw>

73, de steve VE6WZ