Topband: 7P8LB Last night on TB

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 7P8LB Last night on TB
From: Rune Øye <rune.e.oye@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 15:46:58 +0100
All,

Copy and paste from my face book account.

Went to bed around 0200 local when LA3BO came to the shack. I was
disapointed that only one NA east coast was in the log etc. We will pay
attention to JA and NA for the last night and also try to be on the ON4KST
lowband chat.

73 Rune LA7THA / 7P8LB team leader.

Hi All, Last night was good on TB to EU however we worked only one NA East
Coast and nil JA`s. QSO count last night was approx, 260 and total count is
416 on TB. We will start disassembling the HEX beams and one vertikal for
30/40 meter band this evening before SS. One antenna for 30/40, 80 and the
160 antenna will be taken down just after SR tomorrow Saturday 16th. The
"new" BEV antenna was installed approx 45 meter from the powerline then the
wire was just laid on top of the cornfield and terminated at the opposite
end with a 270ohm resistor. This performed very well and the powerline
noise is gone. Many challenges at this location in terms of weather and
lightning. It has really been only two good days on TB however I am happy
with the result so far. Lets hope for good proppagation to JA and NA
tonight and we will do our outmost to get more qso`s from this part of the
world. Tomorrow we tear down the last antennas and then 6-7 hrs bus ride to
Johannesburg then back home on Sunday. Thanks to the team, LA9VPA, HA5AO,
ZS4TX and F5JTV for info and help during the planning and to LADXG for good
support.

73 Rune LA7THA