Re: Topband: Voltage at top of vertical and scaling?

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Voltage at top of vertical and scaling?
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 01:06:04 -0400
When I was KA1DQG and in an apartment in
Bridgeport, CT & not allowed to have
antennas... I had two Hustler mobile
sections I used opposed, as a short dipole
on 80M that was on the carpet floor. Rig
was a Kenwood 820S & the amp was a SB-221.

I am here to say I smelled the smoke
before I saw the two large burnt areas at
each of the ball ends where the corona
ripped the carpet a pair of new ones.

Luckily there was some unused carpet in
the basement & I did the equivalent of a
hair plug transfer and all was well.

Corona at the ball end? Oh ya...

73,

Gary