Re: Topband: Shunt-Fed tower how-to Video

To: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt-Fed tower how-to Video
From: w5zn@w5zn.org
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 12:32:22 -0600
Steve,

This is an excellent tutorial. Thanks for not only sharing but taking the time to produce it as well.

73 Joel W5ZN

On 2019-04-24 20:03, VE6WZ_Steve wrote:
This week I added a second gamma-wire to my shunt fed tower for 160m
in order to lower the reactance and therefore lower the voltage across
my matching network.  This winter I was having some flash-over
problems.

While doing this work I decided to make a video that explains the
method for finding the 50 Ohm point on a tower, and the effect that
wire diameter has on the SWR bandwidth and reactance at the feedpoint.
 I show how I use both the AIM-4170b and the AR 55 zoom analyzers.

I wanted to post the link to the video here on the reflector because
over the years there have been a few questions about how to shunt-feed
a tower, and this might answer some practical questions about how to
go about it.  Maybe someone has a summer project in mind to turn their
tower into a TX antenna?

https://youtu.be/cHlc5MTGTFM <https://youtu.be/cHlc5MTGTFM>

73, de steve ve6wz.