Re: Topband: Farming and Ham Radio don't mix too well.

To: Gary@ka1j.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Farming and Ham Radio don't mix too well.
From: Mark K3MSB <mark.k3msb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 07:35:59 -0400
I just got back from a nine day missions trip to the southern Haitian
peninsula where we were getting a broadcast transmitter repaired and new
tuning unit installed.

They started rice farming around the 250 foot tower.  As the farmers
removed dirt and encountered existing radicals they simply cut them.  See
attached photo.  You can see where they laid some new radicals.  To the
right is where new radicals were laid a while ago.

73 Mark K3MSB