Re: Topband: K2AVQ FCP antenna

To: Richard McLachlan <richard@rodsley.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K2AVQ FCP antenna
From: Joe Galicic <galicic@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 19:07:50 -0400 (EDT)
Richard,

  The FCP is very sensitive to any variations from it’s design specifications.
You would do well to keep it at least 8 feet off the ground from the bottom
wire.  Also keep it away from ANY dielectric materials such as wood, wooden
fences, trees, etc.

The aerial wire must also be installed as far away from dielectric materials.

I have mine mounted eight feet above ground with 6 inch plastic standoffs
attached to wooden 2x4 supports.  This is a compromise installation.

It made a big difference when I added the 6 inch standoffs.  I should use PVC
supports.  I also have a wooden fence right below my FCP.  Nothing I can do
about that.

When installed properly the FCP will work much better than a compromised ground
radial system on a small lot.

The FCP made a big difference for me on 160 meters !

Joe
N3HEE