Re: Topband: Fwd: ARRL DXCC - 160 Meters OK1YQ (OK1RD) Legitimacy???!!!

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: ARRL DXCC - 160 Meters OK1YQ (OK1RD) Legitimacy???!!!
From: uy0zg <uy0zg@mksat.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 16:07:04 +0300
Hi Topbanders

Guy K2AV - Lots of philosophy ...

ARRL has a program:

http://www.arrl.org/system/dxcc/view/DXCC-160M-20190624-A4.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-12,848

ARRL is obliged to protect this program!

But ARRL does not do this ...

This rating has lost its value today.

Unfortunately...

---
Nick, UY0ZG
http://www.topband.in.ua

Guy Olinger K2AV писал 2019-06-24 00:18:
It does seem, at the moment not being entirely wrapped up in ham
radio, that there certainly is the analogue of OK1YQ in just about
every realm of life. I can think of a few names that I personally
found intensely irritating in the particular circumstances. So I DO
understand the pique. When will the &#%@%$ so n so finally get his,
and a list of similar thoughts probably familiar to everyone on this
list.

It would seem to me, the fact that I can even remember OK1YQ,
specifically for cheating and nothing else, as well as several other
calls for the same violation, is already punishment metered out.

What does any of us want to bubble up in another's memory when they
run into our call sign?

We are not diminished by his cheating. He is.

That he cannot recognize that and abandon the cheating, desperately
needing the unearned magnitude on the list to prop up his self-image
and soothe his searing feelings of inferiority, should be the object
of pity, not an affront to ourselves.

I'll agree with Ken, that the complex electronics and programming of
modern ham radio increases methods and means of cheating.

But shall we all cry "Foul! Alas!" and throw our life-long favorite
toy in the dust bin?

Not me. I have too many really great ham friends, across a lifetime,
too many gone on and missed, more for their great quality as human
beings than anything.

OK1YQ is a gnat. Let's not give him more than a gnat's worth of
attention: Smack it with our key hand during the contest logger
auto-send and back to the keyboard in time for the return exchange...

W0UCE's lifelong rye humour, marvelous culinary skills, and essential
basic charity toward humanity will forever define what bubbles up
whenever I hear or see his call sign. Ponder on your version of W0UCE
and smile upon the wonderful fortune of that.

73 all,

Guy K2AV