Re: Topband: DHDL

To: Martin <dm4im@t-online.de>, topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DHDL
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 13:29:14 -0400
Martin,
Two things:
1. The antenna does not become "useless" when the loops are longer than 1/4 wave. It just won't work as a DHDL, but may still be useful as a low noise RX antenna. 2. The DHDL is actually two loops, and each loops should be shorter than 1/4 wave. Note that there is nothing special about the dimensions. You could make it smaller, to make it more suitable for 80 and 40. The dimensions originally published were set to maximize the signal output on 160. One thing that's important: the two loops should be exactly the same size (within a couple of inches)! You can easily achieve that my moving the central crossing to the exact center.
73,
George,
AA7JV

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 18:03:23 +0200