Re: Topband: Transmit High Pass Filters for BCB Interference

To: Mark K3MSB <mark.k3msb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Transmit High Pass Filters for BCB Interference
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 10:24:04 -0700
Normally - you would only put BCB filters in the receive line - so you
don't need something that handles lots of power.  I don't understand why
anyone would be looking at transmit filters for this problem.

There are some basic debugging steps that should be taken to really
understand the nature of the interference.  If it goes away TOTALLY when
putting some attenuation in the receiver, then you probably will be able to
solve the problem with a filter.  However, it is possibly more likely the
problem has to do with rectification somewhere near the receiver and the
filter will not solve anything.   If the signals only are reduced by 20 db
when putting 20 db of attenuation in the receiver - then you are probably
dealing with something that a filter will do no good.

Tree N6TR