Re: Topband: Summer Update & a Surprise

To: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>,<k1zm@aol.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Summer Update & a Surprise
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:31:36 +0000
If we CW operators would all stay on a very tight frequency passband and call CQ every 15 seconds I bet there would be a lot of interesting things happening to us also. Especially if we do it 24/7 or at least every hour that we are not asleep.

However, PC-automation has it's advantages, some are at work while working DX and others are gardening. Some even sit by the radio/PC and watch things happen :-)

Bottom line is, we need to activate our transmitters more and not just listen for others. A perfect example is Bill KH7XS who opens up almost any seemingly "dead" band to Europe, at any time, just by calling CQ for a while.

CW is not only great fun as you say Dave, CW is King!

73
Peter SM2CEW