Re: Topband: FT8 on 160 - how you can make a difference

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 on 160 - how you can make a difference
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 15:23:52 -0600
Have you attempted to open a conversation with the creators of the mode and discuss what you are seeing?  They seem like they are quite knowledgeable.  How can you disprove their claims of weak signal mode when you are not sure how they are coming up with their numbers?

I never heard EU or JA on 160 until I tried FT8 last year.  I never once heard any dx on CW last season although many tried as the devout 6M ops have a chat room where there were countless tries on other modes but only contacts made on FT8.  Why is that?  No longer do you have to have stacks or H frames to work Gud DX on 6m.

W0MU