Re: Topband: 160: Digital only DXCC needed

To: "dan@np2j.com" <dan@np2j.com>, "TOPBAND@contesting.com" <TOPBAND@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160: Digital only DXCC needed
From: Howard Klein <howk2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 16:54:34 +0000
I mostly agree with Dan. I think of the nights and mornings of no sleep,
climbing towers in sub freezing wx
to peak an antenna, hours and dollars spent to improve my signal, innovations
tried often w/o success. When this history is compared to today’s mixed DXCC
with FT8 I find it very discouraging. I have tried FT8 and find it something
else to do in radio but it adulterates years of work. Might say I now live on
an apartment with a very minimal station which does not affect my sentiments
but very much affects my signal. For the record I have 375 countries and am on
the #1 countries list.
I do believe FT8 should be a separate category.