Topband: 160m Season Has Begun Here

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160m Season Has Begun Here
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 20:13:18 +0000 (UTC)
Hi There
Two days ago I hooked up the 160m antenna and can report that the season is off
to a start - at least here it is.
Two pages of Eu stations on CW, 5T5 on FT8 - and OJ0O last night also on CW -
RST 599 on 1824.
For some reason the LA's and SM's and OH's are the best signals at this time of
year - dunno why - but all are 599 while other Eu signals are down in the 579
region or so.
Time to start looking at 160m at sunset again I guess.
GL to all this season - it should be really good given the current state of the
solar cycle.
73 JEFF  K1ZM/VY2ZM

Jeff BriggsDXing on the Edge: The Thrill of 160 Meters Available worldwide
through BookBaby, Array Solutions, DX Engineering, Radio Society of Great
Britain, & Amazon