Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 200, Issue 28

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 200, Issue 28
From: K4SAV <RadioXX@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:06:54 -0500
Mirek said: " My previous BOG I had #73 binocular cores.I thought you measured a pass though on hole at "1 MHz ___ 23.8 + J 42.2 ____ 23.8 ohms plus series 6.7 uH" so where does the "238 ohms on 1MHz " you wrote below come from?"

You said you had 10 of these on your BOG.  10 X 23.8 = 238 ohms.

The table of inductance values for each frequency that you quoted in your last message is what NEC gave for the best pattern at each frequency (given NEC limitations). An implementation using this data was not given, mainly because I can't imaging how you would implement this.

Very late in the discussion you said that 160, 80, and 40 were your main concerns. That's a new ball game. Many antenna choices or that. If you really want to cover 500 kHz to 4 MHz on one 250 ft BOG, you have a lot of work to do, I don't have a solution for that. I do have lots of solutions for 160 thru 40 meters, and most of the people on this forum can give you a lot of choices for that also.

Since I was the main contributor to the discussion on QRZ and did provide some raw data and other information but no solution, I will not repeat that data and mainly listen to what others have to say on the subject.

Note: Most people on this forum include their call sign in their messages.

Jerry, K4SAV