Re: Topband: Ethernet Interference

To: topband@contesting.com, fmoeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ethernet Interference
From: Dan Edward Dba East edwards <dan.n.edwards@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 14:55:14 +0000 (UTC)
 Trevor, for what it's worth, I have found that not all SMPS's (switch mode
power supplies ) are the same; some of the small-ish wall warts  spray tons of
r.f. hash, others, fairly quiet...one video cam supply was incredibly noisy
here; i put a spare netgear supply on it, and poof, gone.. mind you, i'm
talking 160m, here..
If it's easy to swap it out, might be worth a try, anyway...and lots cheaper
than ferrite..
good luck, w5xz, dan

    On Saturday, September 7, 2019, 02:51:46 PM CDT, fmoeves <fmoeves@twc.com>