Re: Topband: Skip Distance

To: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Skip Distance
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 22:35:09 -0400
Decidedly possible.

W4KAZ RBN node is 7 miles away. There is skywave contamination almost every
evening with large drops. It can be increased or reduced by the choice of
antenna at the RX site, but not eliminated.

The largest signal to the RBN is usually high noon. That is fudged by wet
local conditions, but very obvious in long dry spells.

Why or how? No idea. Stuff I was taught all these years doesn't really
explain.

You can try your measurements at summer dry high noons part of a dry week.
Where I live that would improve your results. Can't be sure that
extrapolates to your location.

73, Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone