Re: Topband: Blatant cheating using Remote Operation

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Greg - ZL3IX" <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Topband: Blatant cheating using Remote Operation
From: José E. Ribeiro de Sá <zemurtosa@mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 19:19:56 -0000
Greg,
For DXCC there's no such a 500m rule, you can operate your station (in New-Zealand) remotelly from Portugal as soon as you use your callsign ZL3IX, QSOs will count only for New-Zealand.
Have a look at this e-mail a got from DXCC:

Jose,
Remote operation is legal as for DXCC as long as the rules and regulations are in order. There is no question about any operator using his own station remotely. In this example, the operator located in Germany is operating his own station in Portugal so any contacts are valid for his Portuguese DXCC. Contact he makes with other stations count for Portugal, not Germany.
73,

Norm Fusaro, W3IZ
Radiosport and Field Services Department Manager

73  Jose  CT1EEB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg - ZL3IX" <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>