Re: Topband: Shunt feed question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt feed question
From: Gene Smar via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:06:55 -0400
Marty:

     Did you mean it literally when you wrote you added the shunt capacitor,
that is, did you put the cap from the shunt wire/coax center conductor
junction to ground?  The cap in a "shunt-feed" arrangement goes in series
between the coax center conductor and the shunt wire up the side of the
tower.  Its purpose is to cancel the series inductive reactance of the shunt
wire, just like in a gamma match.

     Maybe a bit more detail of the feed arrangement would help us help you
trouble-shoot.  Good luck.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F