Re: Topband: Why is ZONE 2 so Rare in JAPAN???

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why is ZONE 2 so Rare in JAPAN???
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 12:25:55 -0500
As JFK said "not because its easy but because its hard".  Making it easy by
"decoding inaudible signals" should give no true 160M fan pleasure.  The
whole point of learning the prop and building the transmit and receive
arrays and placing stations near the coast etc etc etc is BECAUSE its hard.
A Zone 2 160M DXpedition for CQ 160 CW would be a far better place and time
to try and work Asia, in my opinion.

Zone 2 to Asia should stay hard, otherwise whats the pleasure?  I worked BY
long path on 80M for my one and only zone 24 on 80M. Have never worked it on
160M.  I hope to someday.  But will skip the "sub audible" attempts to make
that happen.

Ed  N1UR