Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing

To: "'N4ZR'" <n4zr@comcast.net>, "'topband reflector'" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing
From: "Lloyd - N9LB" <lloydberg@tds.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 15:26:43 -0600
Pete, I had the very same problem here.

I have very poor soil, mostly a painted on layer of top soil, several inches of
clay, a couple of feet of sand, and then bedrock.

Gary - K9AY told me that for poor soil conditions I needed to put a ground
radial directly under each loop and attach them to the center ground rod.
Length of the radials should extend a few feet past the edge of each loop.

73

Lloyd - N9LB