Topband: 160m Activity Night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m Activity Night
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 13:12:49 -0700
Europe is tough in New Mexico, but last evening for about an hour after
sunset (0100Z-0200Z) I worked G3YRO, SM5EDX, and OR18TLS. As often happens,
signals were barely copyable when I worked them, with deep QSB, but got
stronger later, peaking 569-579. W7RH lives in a neighboring state and
always seems to hear better than I do. Pretty humbling, actually! I was
listening on a 720 ft beverage and transmitting on a 70ft base-loaded
vertical with sixty 120 ft radials. Radio was a Flex 6500 and hb amp. Band
was nice and quiet for a change.
73,
Jim w8zr

HILL
> Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 12:19 PM
> To: topband@contesting.com
> Subject: Topband: 160m Activity Night
>
> Last evening like the past month or so I've been having trouble hearing
Europe. I heard
> N2MS trying to work G3YRO but I couldn't hear Roger. Sigh...
>
> Bill/W3WH
Reflector