Re: Topband: Temporary antenna suggestion for 160

To: thoyer <thoyer1@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Temporary antenna suggestion for 160
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 14:52:41 -0600
CORRECTION

It was just pointed out to me that I neglected to mention that the
feedpoint on my 160m inverted-L was much lower than 10 feet high!

The tuner sits on the earth, and the two wires go straight up from that to
the insulator block holding the antenna and the radials, which is less than
4 feet high.
From that point, the two radials angle upwards at roughly 45° (?) to nearby
trees, and level out at 10' high to the North and to the South all the way
to the ends. (The South radial zigzags back and forth since the distance
from the base to the neighbor's fence in that direction is less than 1/4
wavelength.)

I had photos of it online, but w0btu.com crashed. Looking for a place to
upload it to.

I hope this makes sense. Sorry for the lack of details below.

73, Mike
W0BTU