Re: Topband: 2019 STEW PERRY

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2019 STEW PERRY
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 15:22:01 -0400
Hi Nick,

I did not work US1Q during this years contest, so won't comment on that
operator (but I understand 100% what you are saying, even though your
English is not perfect, hi hi)

I have in the past, "worked" an Italian station on 160m (I forget the call)
at 5NN+30dB many hours after sunrise in Italy, so I know exactly what you
are saying.

Fortunately (I think) we 'hope' these fellows using USA remotes (and any
remotes, actually) are the 1/1000 of true operators and not every other
operator.

I can only surmise they find satisfaction in trying to fool everyone, but
personally I don't "get it" (don't understand)

They are only really fooling themselves and it's themselves that stare back
at them in the mirror every morning.

73 de Mike VE9AA FN66 (New Brunswick, Canada)

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB