Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband.
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 18:11:33 -0500
The FT8 comet is back:

1) It's still legal;
2) It's still not mandatory to use it;
3) It only 'wastes' up to 3kHz on each band;
4) Lots of people are having fun with it.
.
.
.

I can think of so many of Yoga Bera's sayings to reply to the negative reactions.

As for an FT8 contest, they are there already. I thought about it, I tried it a couple of times, and went back to normal and F&H FT8.

I still think that a mode that relies on time sync is not a good fit for contests. For that, RTTY is still king.

73 de Vince, VA3VF