Re: Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband
From: Martin Kratoska <martin@ok1rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 09:18:51 +0100
I applaud, Dave!

73,
Martin, OK1RR

Dne 11. 01. 20 v 6:02 Dave AA6YQ napsal(a):
+ AA6YQ comments below

It would seem that the new digital modes have re-invigorated ham radio, at
least activity wise. But if ham radio is so fragile that it cannot sustain in
the face of interest in a new mode, maybe it deserves to die. I personally
don't think it will, it is and has always been a big tent...73, Kevin K3OX

+ If CW, AM, SSB, transistors, integrated circuits, VHF repeaters, packet
clusters, CW decoders, soundcard RTTY applications, soundcard PSK applications,
panoramic reception, and software-defined radios haven't managed to kill
amateur radio, I doubt that FT4 or FT8 will succeed.

+ It's been my experience that many ops consider the technology they were using up
through age 35 to be "standard". Any technology that appears after they reach
that age will be considered a  mortal threat to amateur radio.

         73,

                 Dave, AA6YQ