Re: Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 17:58:31 -0500
I protested to the ARRL regarding RTTY
being classified as digital. I suppose in
some perverse way it is digital but my
comments to the League was to keep RTTY
separate from the digital awards and
create a separate award for  Digital.

I suggested if their goal was to increase
participation on the allocated frequencies
and, make money with increased
applications for awards, they should
create a separate DXCC and keep RTTY
separate from Digital.

As I'm a General Factotum, my thoughts
mean nothing so it was not implemented and
I suspect it never will be.

Ah well, meet the old boss, same as the
old boss...

73,