Re: Topband: Source for durable ladder line?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Source for durable ladder line?
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 08:37:51 -0700
Other than measuring some of the stuff years ago I have no real experience with it, but you might look here: https://thewireman.com/product-category/feed-lines/ladder-line/

Wes  N7WS

On 1/12/2020 8:26 AM, John Kaufmann via Topband wrote:
I'm looking for a source for durable ladder line for making two-wire
reversible Beverages for use at the KC1XX contest station.  In the past
we've used the line sold by DX Engineering but over the years we've found
that the plastic spacers between the wires become brittle and break off.  It
may be UV exposure that causes this.  We also get some pretty severe weather
at KC1XX hilltop location, with ice in the winter and frequent strong winds.
The spacer breakage sometimes exposes the wires, which then become twisted,
and the ladder line generally becomes weakened and prone to wire breakage.

What else is available commercially?

73, John W1FV