Re: Topband: Topband resource

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband resource
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 17:53:18 -0500 (EST)
Hi Roger,

My experience is consistent with almost all topband operators:
"160 needs vertical polarization for consistent long DX."

I've had 160 horizontal dipoles at 100 feet and 200 feet high and
I've never experienced a situation where their performance
approached the consistent excellent performance of my verticals.

As they say YMMV.

73
Frank
W3LPL