Re: Topband: Nasty QRM From ??

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Nasty QRM From ??
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 14:50:49 -0800
On 1/24/2020 2:31 PM, Stephen Hawkins wrote:
Toggling a switch rather then disassembling two under warranty garage door openers and splicing in a non switching supply is a much easier solution for me.

Steve,

Sorry, I missed that the PSUs were internal to the units. I do agree. However -- take a look at the app notes on my website about finding and killing RX noise. It's likely that serious ferrite chokes wound on both power leads and any other wires coming out of the units would knock that noise down a lot.

73, Jim K9YC