Re: Topband: .TX Mica Caps

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: .TX Mica Caps
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 13:37:10 -0500 (EST)
Many of these old transmitting mica capacitors have reliability issues.
Their foil-mica technology is very obsolete and their molded enclosures
often leak moisture and contaminants. On the good side, unlike many
other capacitor designs they're capable of the handling high currents
and high voltages found in many antenna tuners.

Its wise to use more modern capacitors if you can.

73
Frank
W3LPL