Re: Topband: CQ WW 160 CW - SK..

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ WW 160 CW - SK..
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:18:35 -0500
I have to differ somewhat with the comment that Topband Reflector should not
be used to discuss suspect cheating on 160M.  Where else can someone's
concern that "that just doesn't sound/look/smell right" come to?  Its
possible that others observed the same thing on the band and maybe it
actually wasn't cheating even though originally suspected.  This IS the
place where such conversations should occur.

Going on and on about generic cheating or digital concerns, I agree is not
helpful.

Although when someone announces an incredible achievement on top band that
could only be achieved using FT8, we need to be sure that it is not glossed
over that it doesn't make it necessarily a great lifetime achievement vs the
way others were doing it.  It isn't.

Ed  N1UR