Topband: Fwd: Re: [QRP-L] HU1DL German DXpedition in El Salvador by N6TV

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Fwd: Re: [QRP-L] HU1DL German DXpedition in El Salvador by N6TVN
From: Carl Mannle <cjm3@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 19:27:58 -0800

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: [QRP-L] HU1DL German DXpedition in El Salvador
Date:   Wed, 12 Feb 2020 09:22:50 -0500
From:   Bobby Drummond <alphak4ja@gmail.com>

A very poor one for DX, for sure.

It's my 160 meter doublet with one end of it fallen down near the ground.
The other is up about 65 feet above ground level and the center is also
about 65 feet above ground level. It is fed with 450 ohn window line and
an almost 40 year old MFJ tuner with a larger than factory sized balun.

In spite of my less-than-ideal antenna, a very good operator at the El
Salvador end of the QSO pulled me out (after multiple tries) and it's in
the log now.