Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:47:34 -0500
Frank had brought up the interaction of certain T top loading wires and the
possible interaction with yagis.  I played around with modelling on this and
found that just as Frank said, there is interaction of T top wires and
yagis.  One thing I found was that if the wire is in the front pattern of
the yagi it is much more influenced if the wire is the front 1/3 portion
rather than the sides and back of the yagi.  I didn't find meaningful
distortion in the back area 200 ft away but closer than that and approaching
the front, and there was definite distortion.

Interesting topic Frank.

Ed  N1UR