Re: Topband: Radiation Resistance

To: Dave Cuthbert <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radiation Resistance
From: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 19:52:54 +0000
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

The antenna is fed at 3’ off the ground.   The radials slope up at about 45
degrees to the roof (at about 10’).

It’s resonant at about 1.9 MHZ so I use about 2 turns of a 5.5” diamanté’s coil
made of very heavy gauge copper wire.

I’m using an 1 to 1 Balun Designs isolation transformer at the feed point and a
32/50 UnUn to match the impedance of the coax. Another isolation transformer is
used at the shack.

Thanks for your input!  Much appreciated

Bob
Robert L. Chortek