Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage- KF4ITA Mikek

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage- KF4ITA Mikek
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 18:46:30 -0700
I've also heard that the native impedance  a twisted pair of WD1A/TT
is about 150ohms. In my application, I use two parallel lengths of
WD1A/TT, spaced about 4.5inches. Each twisted pair acts like a single
conductor, and the Z of the two parallel lengths is about 450 ohms.
I didn't know the variants of WD1a used different conductors. My
earlier comments refer to the twisted pair variant, with each
conductor comprised of a mix of fine steel and copper strands.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone