Re: Topband: Tuning a 2el parasitic array

To: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: Tuning a 2el parasitic array
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:30:25 -0400
With the era of cheap VNA's it does seem time to move forward. Especially
with wire yagi's, you can get VNA's with smartphone style 5V USB charged
batteries that talk to a tablet running supplied software, communicating
with bluetooth. You can put the VNA right at the feed, and pull it up in
the air so ground effects are representative and can be watched with
changing elevation. None of the complications of the significant cable
between VNA and the feedpoint.

Zowie, is that way less work than the good ole days. Now I use my lab
calibrated FIM41 field strength meter to do before and after documentation.
And from time to make sure it's still performing by staying at the
benchmark. Not for making adjustments. As Steve mentioned, too much motion
for these old bones.

73, Guy K2AV